Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Vinegar as a rinse agent

 Instead of paying a lot of money for that expensive Jet Dry Rinse Agent at the store, you can use distilled white vinegar as a substitute.
The purpose of the dishwasher dispenser is to release a tiny amount of rinse product each time the dishwasher is used, primarily to eliminate water spots on glasses. As I use the vinegar,  my dishes still come out very clean and spot free too.
Just open up the rinse aid cap and pour your vinegar into that reservoir. I just pour until it says it is full.  When it runs out I just add more vinegar.
Those teeny tiny Jet-Dry Rinse agents can cost anywhere from $4-$6, and you get enough to fill up the dishwasher once with it.  A whole gallon of vinegar is close to $1-$2 or less, and you can get probably close to 20 or more fills out of it. So Today’s Thrifty Tip is to use Vinegar as a Rinse agent – it can save you a lot of money!


1 people have had something to say about this:

Renee said...

Great idea Bre - I can't wait to try it! I'm all for not buying the Jet Dry!!!!