Friday, January 7, 2011

Here We Go!!!!

Ok, so here is the beginning of my journey, I'm hoping that it will be successful!  Let me just tell you a little more of why I'm here.  I have been reading blogs for a while, crafting, cooking, saving money, and I always tell all my friends about how to make this, cook that, this coupon, so I decided that instead of telling people about I'll just write about it for myself.  


I have to say, on the crafting end, you might be learning right along with me.  I can make household cleaners, my own laundry detergent, sew a button, but that's about where it ends.  I'm now equipped with my grandmothers old sewing machine and I'm determined to start making stuff, skirts, dresses, scarves, whatever strikes my fancy!  So you may be witness to my successes, or as I'm sure there will be a few, failures, but hey, you have to break a few eggs from time to time!


On the cooking front, when I first got married almost 10 years ago I couldn't even make a grilled cheese sandwich, in fact I actually set the kitchen on fire on one occasion trying to make one.  However, over the years I have worked at honing my cooking skills and I'm now pretty good...I haven't started any fires at least!  My hubby and kids, along with my parents and grama and oh so fantastic friends, are my continual guinea pigs when I'm trying new recipes, some are fantastic (why yes, I will toot my own horn thank you) and some, well, let's just say that my kids would have rather eaten dirt.  I'm not the best baker, again, learning here.  


So, to sum it up, it's all a work in progress, as all of life is.  I am a mom, wife, daughter, friend and I hope that you enjoy what I HOPE to do here.  So say hi, make a recommendation, or tell me how crazy I am...it's all good with me!

0 people have had something to say about this: