Friday, April 29, 2011

Who knew making record bowls could be so easy!

I've really wanted to make vinyl record bowls for the longest time, but I've been a bit intimidated about it.  But it is seriously the easiest craft....ever!  

Step 1:
Pre heat oven to 250 degrees.  Pick the size bowl you would like, I had 3 different size bowls to put my records on.  I wanted some bowls that were deep and some that were more shallow.





Step 2:
put the bowl in the oven for about 5 minutes.  Make sure to put a can or something a little weighty on the record to help sink it.  As you can see mine sunk lopsided, but just use oven mitts when you take it out to help shape it.  I tried doing a heart or something, but I gave up trying to shape that!

Step 3:
Let sit for a few minutes to cool and set.







Step 4:  
Put something pretty in it!

0 people have had something to say about this: